The Balkan Debate and Public Policy Challenge:
“Joint Future of the Western Balkans in the European Union”
The Balkan Debate and Public Policy Challenge (BDPPC), a joint project by IDEA SEE, Južne Vesti, and The Balkan Forum, is being implemented in North Macedonia, Kosovo, and Serbia. Partners are announcing this open call for policy briefs on the overarching topic of: “Joint Future of the Western Balkans in the European Union”
- This call is open for candidates from Kosovo, North Macedonia and Serbia.
- Eligible candidates are young persons, 18 years and older, interested in topics of rule of law, democracy, environment, education, regional reconciliation and cooperation.
- Interested candidates are expected to submit a policy brief of 1500-2000 words written in Times New Roman 12, spacing 1.5 addressing one of the following three topics on the overarching theme of “Joint Future of the Western Balkans in the European Union.”:
1) Joint Customs Union in the Western Balkans
2) Joint Action Plan for the implementation of regional environmental measures in the Western Balkans on: a) Air Quality, b) Waste Management, c) Natural Resource Management
3) Improving Education Exchange and Mobility in the Western Balkans
- The Policy Briefs should be submitted to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and participants must register CLICK HERE
- This Open Call is Open until April 15th, 2019. The best 10 authors from each country, 30 in total, will be selected and notified by April 30th, 2019. The 30 authors will then be invited to participate in the local forums to be held in May 8th, 2019where they will present their briefs to a panel of local experts, each of them will be selecting 3 best briefs, a total of 9. Local forums will then participate in the final FORUM in Skopje to be held on May 22nd, 2019, where 9 participants will compete for the best 3 policy briefs who will win an internship opportunity with IDEA SEE, The Balkan Forum, and Južne Vesti. The 3 winners will have their policy briefs published on the official website of the project.
For more information on the BDPPC please visit the official website: http://www.balkandebates.net/challenge-overview/